Let’s make a special treat over the Easter holidays 🐇 to share with family and friends. There are many other things to prepare and manage, so it has to be easy and fast, but something everybody will love.
Bajadera is one of the most beautiful quick cakes, and one of my favorites. 🙂 It’s loved by children and adults. You don’t need a lot of cooking time (and experience) to prepare this wonderful cake. So she is perfect. 🙏
It is always a good choice when you want to eat something sweet and you hate spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
Dark part and light part:
- 400gr of sugar
- 10 tablespoons of water
- 150gr margarine
- 150gr biscuits (Plazma or Petit Beurre alike, dry cookie)
- 150gr chocolate
- 200gr walnuts
- 100gr of chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- little milk
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan then add the sugar. Stir. Wait until the sugar is completely dissolved (about 3-5 minutes) then add butter in small pieces. After a few minutes add crushed biscuits and groundnuts. Everything mix well for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate with a little bit of milk.
- Divide dough into 2 equal parts. In one of them, add the melted chocolate and stir.
- When the dough is warm, spread half of the chocolate batter at the bottom of the frame (or pan). Pack well to form a very uniform and dense layer. Repeat the process with the ordinary light portion of the mixture.
- Prepare the glaze. Start by adding a little milk, oil and adding chocolate and stirring until you get a uniform glaze.
- Pour the icing, spreading it evenly and gently then tapping the plate on the work surface to level the surface and get rid of any air bubbles.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours (preferably overnight).
- Using a large sharp knife, cut strips about 1×3 cm.
- Serve and enjoy!
Katarina Kovačević is a Junior Project Manager at Serbia Incoming DMC.