Belgrade. It’s an old city with a new vibe, and you can discover during a few days visit here, that it is buzzing with creative energy, innovation, and tradition.
Top 10 things to do in Belgrade
- Discover the Kalemegdan fortress featuring some of Belgrade’s top landmarks. Visit the Roman Well, Fortress Churches, Victor, Military Museum…
- Discover the downtown with our self-guided tours: Knez Mihailova street, the Orthodox cathedral, Kosančićev Venac and Dorćol neighborhoods.
- Spend an active day at Ada Ciganlija: swimming, water skiing, bungee jumping, you name it.
- Enjoy the nightlife at the world-famous splavs – floating clubs such as Freestyler, Sound, H2O…
- Dine in Skadarlija bohemian district. Try to learn at least one Old Belgrade song and sing it with tambourine orchestra.
- Take the circular tram no 2 for a ride around the city center. There is a stop at the end of Knez Mihailova at Kalemegdan, or another one in the port or below Sava Bridge.
- Explore the Zeleni Venac green market or some of the other, numerous green markets.
- Go to the top of Ušće tower for spectacular views of the entire city and surrounding areas.
- Visit Nikola Pašić square with the National Parliament and the Old and New Royal Palaces.
- Explore the most important (open) museums to learn a bit more about the local culture, history and tradition. We suggest the Ethnographic museum, Military history museum, the SANU gallery and the Frescoes (Medieval art) gallery.